Thank you for stopping in for a visit. I recently moved. All of my posts are now available at: lynnettecretu.blogspot.com

Please update your bookmarks and I will see you there!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm not a writer, I'm an artist!

I went to school for art. Ever since I can remember, I have been interested in art. I have entered many pieces into many art shows. So where did this come from? I have asked God that question so many times.

About a year ago, a friend in Bible study set up a blog so that our group could communicate throughout the week. I will confess that I did not know much about blogging. I glanced at the blog she had set up for us and didn't give it much thought. Later in the week, however, it came back to me. I was studying and found something that I just had to share with my friends. I was hooked! I immediately set up my own blog and began sharing on a regular basis.

My thoughts are simple. I won't be solving major world issues anytime soon, but I share the stories and lessons that God has taught me. I know I am not the only one working to live a life that pleases Him. I pray that the words will encourage or shine a light into another life.

As I became more interested in blogging, I came across the Proverbs 31 women and I learned about the Annual She Speaks Conference. "That's interesting", I thought. The seed was planted. Every time I dared to dream, however, the enemy would whisper,  "You're not a writer." "What are you doing?" "That is a waste of time."

Or perhaps, it was my own insecurity.

In September of 2010, I made a new friend. She had attended She Speaks that summer. She offered me her notebook and all of the information she had received. She lit up when she recounted the time she spent with other women who were striving to learn and share His Word. She mentioned her desire to attend again. I dared to dream, and the whispers returned.

I continued to write. I love the preparation spent in quiet time and in prayer before I write.

Please God, use me as your voice today. What do you want to share? There is someone who needs to hear from You. What do you want me to write?

He is so faithful in His answers. I began praying about the conference. As a stay-at-home mom, we are raising a family on a single income. The thought of taking the money from our family was too much for me to imagine. I prayed more.

Last week God answered, "Go, I will provide the way and I will bless your time spent there."

Ok, God if you want me to go, I am trusting you. I began my "faith and footwork" (a quote from my favorite cheerleader). I sent a prayer request to my best prayer warriors. The responses were filled with encouragement, hope and faith. I was so grateful to my loving family. But, among their support, the whispers were still there. "This is silly." "What will this accomplish?"

Yesterday, as I was talking to my best friend on the phone, I began looking through the mail. There was an envelope from Tennessee, my sister-in-law. I wasn't expecting anything. It is always nice to get a real letter for no apparent reason. The front of the card said, "Faith". I opened it up and there were only a few short sentences:

Lynnette,
I prayed...
God said "Give"...
So you can "Go"....
And follow the plans He has for you!

There was a check to get me started. I was stunned. I was speechless. My poor friend was on the other end of the phone trying to figure out what had happened. "Spit it out" she said. "I can't I replied". Tears filled my eyes until I could no longer see.

Her words meant more to me than I could ever express to her. I am so thankful that she prayed. I am so thankful that she listened and obeyed. But I will forever treasure her support. I believe in you. They are such simple words and they came at the moment that I needed them most.

Why do I want to go to the conference? I believe I am meant to be there. I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for me. I believe that God likes to use the least likely to accomplish great things. Because then all will know it was God that made it happen. The glory belongs to Him.

I would like to tell you that the whispers have stopped. They haven't, but I have started talking back.

Forget the former things;
   do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
   and streams in the wasteland. 
-Isaiah 43:18-19



9 comments:

Lynde said...

My heart and soul are truly touched by your thoughts expressed with words. I absolutely believe in you. Reading this piece confirms that this IS the path HE has for you, your writing is exceptional!! I am believing God for your attendance at this Conference. Last Sunday, I attended both services, praying multiple times for you and I am not going to stop, I will continue to pray. I love you!

Gidget said...

Oh we WILL be there my friend. I can't wait to experience something so awesome with my two best friends; you and my Cardboard Jesus. I wonder if we have to buy him a seat on the plane or if they will just let him hang out with the flight attendants. Hmmmm.

I hope that one of us wins the scholarship opportunity. It is His world... we're just livin' in it.

Be bold. Be transparent. Be the spokesperson He created you to be.

Signed....

Your Cheerleader and His.

Love You.

Helenann (Mom II) said...

Oh how you bless us, dear Lord. Thank you for working through us to touch others! Thank you for allowing the least speak your word in such a way that others benefit. And thank you for giving us the strength to share. Bless you, Netter for being His willing servant! I continue to pray!

Lynnette said...

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. God has blessed me with your love. Thank you for joining me on this journey.

Lynn Cowell said...

Lynnette,
The world says "Where there is a will there is a way". The Father says, "Where there is a heart that is desperate to follow hard after me, I can make a way."

Whether it is through this scholarship or another means, believe!

I look forward to meeting you at She Speaks this year! Be sure to introduce yourself to me.

His,
Lynn Cowell
Proverbs 31 Speaker

Heather Baxter said...

God has GREAT plans for you! I admire your DEEP DESIRES and know God is working deeper in your life! I have so much enjoyed our fellowship in just the past year! You bless me and your a GREAT writter with Big dreams! Of course the enemy is going to be working BIG TIME! So lets shout together "GET YE BEHIND LYNNETTE SATAN, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, YOU ARE NOT MINDFUL OF THE THINGS OF CHRIST!" KICK HIM TO THE CURB SISTER!
Love ya Heather

LeAnn said...

Hi Lynnette,

I have some wonderful news for you :)

After reading your scholarship entry, someone felt God nudging she and her husband to pay your registration fee so that you can attend the conference this year! This anonymous donation is clearly God's provision, and His intent for you to attend She Speaks this year.

I have no way of contacting you so please email me as soon as you can so that I can get you registered :)

Email me at leann@proverbs31.org.

And... congratulations!

Blessings,
LeAnn Rice
Proverbs 31 Ministries

Unknown said...

WOW...WOW...WOW...The Lord has heard our prayers!! WAAAHHHHOOOOO! Shout to the Lord! The entire earth shall hear of this great blessing bestowed upon Lynnette. I am elated...to God be the Glory!!! Yaahhhooo, (insert cartwheel here), YES!!!!

Lisa Smith said...

The whispers are busy this week!!! I love this verse and how you're talking back!!

So excited God has provided a way. A new thing. I hope to see you there. And I think you are an artist and an author :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...